OmniSil Densifier is colloidal silica, not a silicate. It is refined nano-particles of highly pure silica suspended in solution. By contrast, silicates include stabilizing agents (sodium or potassium), which actually impede silica reacting with the lime. Colloidal silica is delivered more efficiently to the lime, allowing CSH to be formed quickly and more completely, with less work.
OmniSil Densifier’s superior efficiency means it is far faster and easier to apply than silicates, radically reducing labor costs and saving money overall on the densifying job.
Characteristics of OmniSil Densifier
- Low viscosity, allowing quick penetration of the surface
- Quick reaction time, within 1-2 minutes
- Zero potential for whiting
- Does NOT contribute to alkali-silica-reaction (ASR) which can cause swelling and cracking
- Low pH of 9
- NO high alkali surface residue
- NO rinsing required
- NO volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Consistent 3-5 nm size particles
OmniSil Densifier is the most efficient way to densify, harden, and increase abrasion-resistance of concrete surfaces. OmniSil ships as a concentrate, reducing shipping costs. OmniSil offers you a faster, cleaner, greener and more profitable way to densify concrete.